Wednesday, March 18, 2009

First Post Ever!

Hello World! My friend Wendy, and her sister Jess, told me that they thought I should start my own blog. At first I thought, there is NO WAY my life is interesting enough to fill up a blog! Then I thought more about it, and realized that I'm not able to keep in constant contact with people, (including my older sister who lives 13 ish hours away) and that a blog might be good way for them to keep tabs on me. Not to mention I love looking at other people's blogs, and I get extremely excited when I see that one has been updated! So here is my blog...

I recently moved back home to my parents house, to save on money and pay off my car before I start my final year of school. I'm studying Elementary Education, and during my final year,which is still about a year away :( I will be student teaching which will become my full time job, so I need to save, save, save.
I work at an OBGYN, which is obviously not what I want to do for the rest of my life, but for now it's paying the bills, and they are willing to work with me on school hours, which is a huge blessing!

Here's a real quick story for you all, I was babysitting my brother Ryan's kids the other night (I don't want to use their real names for safety reasons, so we're going to call my nephew Cosmo :) Well, we were eating dinner, and Cosmo said, "Kelli, when are you going to have a kid so that I can play with him when I come to grandpa T-Rex's house?" (That's what he calls my dad!) I told him that I have to get married before I can have kids, then he said, "You could marry grandpa." I told him that I couldn't do that, because grandpa is my dad, so he suggested that grandpa marry grandma so they could have a kid. I told him that they were married, and that grandma and grandpa already had six kids, including me. Then he got really frustrated and said, "Yeah, but you're a big kid, I want a little kid to play with."
I love being an aunt! It is ABSOLUTELY my favorite thing in the world! I am so blessed and so grateful that my brothers and their wives allow me to be such a major part of their children's lives, because they truly are a blessing!

That's all for now, I'll update as often as I have time, but who knows how that will go! :)
Peace out! Girl/Boy Scout! :)

5 comments:

jess said...

Yay! I'm so excited you have a blog! I'm glad I'll be able to see what's going on in your life now!

Tamara and Alex said...

That cosmo is such a cutie

Crystal said...

Hey for the big sister that lives 13 hours away! Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Sarah said...

hi i forgot how to spell your name this is IVIE SEE YOU AT
GRANDPAS HOUSE LOVE YOU WRITE BACK LOVE IVIE

Ryan and Misty said...

Ok I found your blog. I'm a little slow! :)